Preplanning Your Funeral has Several Advantages:
- Preplanning your funeral makes a stressful time less stressful for your loved ones.
- Lets you have a funeral that is as individual as you are.
- Allows you to make knowledgeable decisions about your final act.
- Enables you to choose the specific items and services you want.
- Compare prices for the items and services offered by several funeral providers.
Put It In Writing
The most important factor in preplanning is your loved ones are released from having to make critical financial decisions during a period of enormous emotional trauma and grief. Most people aren’t thinking very clearly when a loved one dies and may not know what to do because you never made your wishes known. Put your plans in writing so your loved ones have a guide to your final wishes.
What happens if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness? Or are told you have Alzheimer’s? Check out this link for basic information on hospice and palliative care. http://www.nhpco.org/about/hospice-care
Tissue and Organ Donation
Are you interested in donating your organs, eyes or tissue to others? Maybe you want to donate your entire body for science? Again, these are decisions that need to be made before you die. And must be a written wish. In most states you can indicate your desire to be an organ donor on your driver’s license. Donating your body to science needs to be researched to find the best option for you.
Preplanning your funeral makes a stressful time for your loved one much easier. Going My Way Death Care is available to help you with the preplanning and making your funeral arrangements. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please contact us.