Not so long ago, maybe a couple generations or so, birth and death were handled at home. A home funeral was the norm. Since that time the funeral industry has consolidated and become factory like in there services. In the last few years we’ve seen a resurgence of babies born in the comfort and safety of their homes. And now more folks are choosing to say good-bye to the loved ones at home.
Why a Home Funeral?
- It allows family and friends to be in control of the process of saying goodbye to a loved one.
- It creates the prospect for more nurturing healing during the grief process.
- You may find it comforting to know that the care and preparation of your loved one’s body is being carried out by family and friends instead of strangers.
- By participating in the vigil process, family and friends can give and receive emotional support from each other.
- We often feel helpless during this difficult time. Participating in the after death care and home funeral process, allows us to feel useful and is seen as a final act of our love for the deceased.
Going My Way Death Care assists you with planning a home funeral and other end of life services. To find out how we can help you, please contact us.